Who wants to go through the unbearable pain in the body? It’s like imposing something to you forcefully which you do not have the power to ignore. The sufferings get even more when it attacks our feet.
Most of us pay attention to this problem when we already become a victim or situation gets out of control. No matter how Arch Pain arises in our life, it’s we who are directly or indirectly responsible for this.
What is Feet Arch Pain:
Pain that generally occurs under your feet and in between the area of the big toes to at the end of your feet is called arch pain. Though people of all ages can be affected by this, it is especially common to athletes or professional runners who give more stress to their feet. People who are more into a sedentary lifestyle or have weaker bones and muscles can also suffer from the disease.
It may also affect your bones, ligaments, tendons, and even muscles. The area of the pain is not limited only to feet areas but also can be felt at hips, legs, backbone, or any other parts of the area.
Common Reasons for Arch Pain:
Good health is the first principle of avoiding any unexpected diseases of life, including body or muscle pain. Besides external factors, this sort of pain is more prone to people who have overweight issues.
- Plantar facilities: It is the main factor of having arch pain. It is a situation where people experience inflammation and acute pain in their feet. Generally, the athletes or runners, and people who have overweight issues undergo with this situation.
- Neurological Problems: Any external or internal head injuries, including sudden trauma or distress, may result in Arch Pain.
- Obesity: It is the main reason for the majority of the illness all over the world. A drastic change in weight like sudden weight gain or weight loss, directly affects the muscles and tissues of our bones, including toes.
- Inappropriate Shoes: Ladies who wear high heels or thin shoes are at high risk of developing arch pains. Also, not wearing perfect size shoes or hard insoles can affect your feet.
- Ageing: Ageing is a natural process, and we have nothing to do with this harsh reality. As we age, our skin loses its natural elasticity, and muscles become weaker, which can results in arch pain too.
- Uncontrolled Diabetics: People with high blood sugar are more likely to grow arch pain. As high blood sugars interrupt proper blood flows in the body and as an impact of its chances of arch pain become higher.
We all have probably heard the famous quote by Benjamin Franklin, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” But the question is, how many of us are motivated with this saying? If you really concern about the prevention of Pain in Feet Arch, then it is highly recommended for you to pay attention to your lifestyle. Here are some tips of staying away from Feet Arch pain:
To lead a healthy life and gain physical strength, you must have a balanced diet that includes vitamin D and calcium. Meanwhile, limit alcohol consumption too as excessive alcohol intake directly affects your nerve and results in various feet diseases like numbness, swelling, and heavier feeling in legs.
To strengthening your muscles and bones, and ensure a healthier life there are no alternatives to doing exercise. Moreover, a regular workout is also beneficial to ease any sort of body pain and keep your weight under control. What you need to pay attention while going for an outdoor walk is to carry some basic essentials to make your workout a safer one.
Wear comfortable shoes:
There are various brands available in the market that offer lightweight flexible shoes and promise to provide your feet with the comfort and support they need. However, you need to choose wisely. We would recommend Loom Smart & Vegan Shoes. Loom is the pair of shoes everyone should have in their cupboard! Waterproof, breathable and on top of all, vegan friendly. You will love to have them on your feet as these shoes are made with flexibility and comfort in mind. Wearing wrong shoes also greatly responsible for a foot arch pain. A lot of us, especially women, do not pay attention to the footwear quality. We prefer to choose fashion instead of quality and does bring serious harm to our overall body, including backbone, muscle tissues, heap, and feet. Instead, wear balanced heels and proper arch support footwear if you are concern about health. If you are a man, then try to wear snickers or shoes that contain the right quality insoles.
Reduce excessive pressure on foot:
This is especially a major concern for athletes and those who prefer hardcore running. Excessive pressure on foot may cause swollen feet, ankle, or ligaments injury.
Uncontrolled diabetics is the root cause of any type of body pain involving feet arch too. Besides controlling blood sugar, each diabetic patient needs to pay attention to external feet injury also and always wear medicated shoes.
Keep weight under control:
It’s our feet that carry our overall body weight. When you are overweight, you are putting too much pressure on your feet and which may develop various diseases like osteoarthritis, gout, muscle strain, and many more.
Some Dos and Don’ts:
If you are already undergoing through arch pain, the following steps will help you to stop deteriorating your conditions:
- Always wear a comfortable shoe that doesn’t put pressure on your feet.
- Go for regular workout/exercise.
- Take at least 5 minutes break in every hour and do some stretching exercises or a short walk.
- Track your everyday fitness activities.
- Include plenty of vitamins and calcium-enriched food in your daily diet.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
- Do not stand in the same position for more than 30 minutes.
- Do not take any medicine without consultation from your doctor.
- Do not leave your body pain untreated.
- Do not overdo any exercise or too much workout.
- Do not put additional pressure on your feet that is difficult for you to bear.
When to Consult a Doctor:
As pain is something that we can’t able to see, it is recommended to consult a doctor in order to find out the exact cause of the pain and have the proper treatment. One thing you should remember that the pain can be spread in other parts of your body too.
In case of low to moderate level of arch pain, you can try some ice bag therapy, and if possible, you can try some stretching exercise too.
If you face acute pain in your feet internally or as a result of physical injury, you should consult a doctor immediately to prevent the situation from getting worse.
Our body has been structured in a way where every part is interlinked. Though Arch Pain can attack anytime to anybody, a little effort from our site can keep this unwanted companion away from our life. Just follow the rules of maintaining sound body and mind, and it will take care of your overall well-being.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Sophie Elise is a passionate cyclist, author, and blogger. She is very passionate about writing on different types of women’s bikes, accessories, health, fitness and more. She regularly writes on sportsly.net