Things To Keep In Mind When You Search Domain Names
Picking a domain name is one of the most overwhelming tasks. Your domain name is representative of your brand and business online. In emails as well as on social media platforms, your domain name projects your brand identity. Your domain name will help your customers as well as prospects to find your website and gather more information about your business. As such, your domain name is very vital to your business.
When you’re searching for domain names for your business, you need to keep a few things in mind so that you pick the best domain name for your business. Here are some tips for you to follow when you search domain names for your website:
- Go for a .com-extension based domain name. While there are many new domain extensions that have come up over the years, the .com continues to be a leading credible option. There are other domain extension options including .blog, .biz, and .net that can be used, but the .com extension is the easiest to remember. Also, most internet users will have a natural tendency to type .com when searching for a website. As such, it would be advisable to go for a .com extension for your website. In fact, most smartphones come with the .com button on the keyboard which makes it all the more relevant to go with .com domain extensions.
- When you search domain names for your website make sure to keep your keywords in mind. The right use of keywords is necessary for SEO purposes. If you want to ensure that you have a good ranking on search engine results and receive more traffic, you should use the right keywords in your domain name.
- Another tip to keep in mind when you’re searching for domain names is to keep them short. This will help your prospects remember it easily and therefore increase website traffic.
- While it’s important to stick to a certain length for your domain name, it’s equally important to let it be unique. Your domain name should align with your brand. After all, you don’t want to end up using a domain name that’s already registered and trademarked.
- Avoid going for domain names with hyphens as they wouldn’t look professional and are assumed to be spam domains. It can also lead to typing errors, resulting in a loss of website traffic. Stick to easier, simpler, and lighter domain names.
- Similarly, it’s recommended to avoid the use of double letters in your domain names as it can also lead to typing errors. In the process, you can end up leading your potential customers and clients to another website and lose precious website traffic. Which is why you should go for simpler domain names for your brand.
- Before registering for a domain name, conduct thorough research on your domain name to check if it’s taken or not. If you use a domain name that’s already taken by another business, you may end up being penalized. Only go for those domain names that aren’t registered by another domain owner.
- One of the best and easiest ways to find a domain name is by using a domain name generator. There are numerous domain name generators out there you can rely on. Some of them come with filters that can help you find domain names by keywords, by industry and so on. Some of the domain name generators also allow you to check if certain domain names are in use or not.
Search domain names in a simplified and streamlined manner using the Shopify Domain Name Generator
Shopify provides an easy solution to finding the best domain name for your business. You can opt for Shopify’s domain generator to search domain names for your online store. It’s a reliable platform to search for domain names. It will allow you to look for domain names that represent your online business. Shopify’s domain name generator will suggest several domain names for your business depending on the keywords you enter. All you have to do is choose one! You can also find out if a given domain name is taken or not. In a simple and streamlined manner, you can search for an ideal domain name, register it under your business and then set it up using the Shopify platform itself. Here, you have various domain extension options to choose from as well. With Shopify, you can search domain names for your business quickly and in the most efficient manner!