Until a couple of years ago, you could jailbreak your device to install game emulators. They gave you the option of playing console games on an iPhone or iPad but, with Cydia no longer very active, that option has gone out of the window. Now though, we have another way of playing NDS games on our devices – an emulator app called iNDS.
What is iNDS?
A Nintendo emulator app, iNDS lets you play all your favorite Nintendo games on your iPhone or iPad, something that Apple doesn’t allow. As with many apps of this type, the more power your device has, the smoother your game experience.
Quite apart from being a cool emulator app, iNDS is completely free to use, and it doesn’t require you to jailbreak your device either. Check out all these other cool features:
- Availability – works on all iOS devices and is free to use
- Control Settings – frame-skipping, positional view, and other game controls you can customize
- Manual Sound Control – sound management – easily adjustable whenever you want, providing a top-notch sound experience
- Dropbox Synchronization – allows easy game saves, auto-save and the ability to pick up where you left off if your game crashes
- User-Friendly Interface – simple UI with overlay pixel grid adjustment, universal game support for most Nintendo games in one place and controller vibration mode
It also offers support for the iPhone 11 and all IOs versions up to iOS 13.
How to Download iNDS on iPhone 11 Pro
It is a legal emulator app that is safe to use, but you cannot download it from the iOS app store. Plus, you should also be aware that downloading ROMS for games you don’t physically own is illegal – one reason why Apple won’t support it. However, there is an easy way to install iNDS on your iPhone – an app installer called AppValley. Shortly, I will tell you how to download it, but first, you should be aware that the copyright for the ROMS is owned by the console manufacturers and game developers. It is not strictly legal to play copyrighted ROM games on your iOS device – this guide is purely for educational purposes.
Using AppValley App Installer
AppValley is one of the external app installers released as an alternative to Cydia, and it offers a huge collection of modified apps and games that you cant get from the official app store. Here’s how to get it:
- Visit the official AppValley download page http://appvalleyapp.com to install the app installer onto your iPhone
- Tap Allow giving the profile permission to download onto your device
- Nest, open your Settings app and tap Profiles
- Find the profile for AppValley and tap it – tap Install in the top-right corner
- Tap Install and then tap Done
- When you see the app icon on your home screen, the download has been successful
- Open it by tapping the icon
- Tap on the option for Check Out Our Apps
- Scroll down the list on the new page and tap on iNDS
- Tap Get and, on the next page, tap Install.
Now, iNDS should be installed on your iPhone and is ready for you to play.
Fixing the Untrusted Developer Error
First, you need to fix a small problem, When you tap the iNDS icon, the first thing you will notice is an Untrusted Developer error. This is because the app is unofficial, and Apple doesn’t trust the developer. You can fix this very easily with just a couple of steps:
- Launch your iOS Settings app and tap the General section
- Tap on Profiles and Device Management and go to the Enterprise section
- Find the profile for SIIC Shanghai Holding Co. Ltd. and tap on it
- Tap the Trust button and close down Settings
- Try iNDS, and you will find it now works
How to Install ROMs to iNDS
Now you have the emulator installed, and you need to download the ROMs for the games you want to play. There are two ways to do this:
Method 1 – Built-in Browser
iNDS has its own browser built into it – simply tap Search at the top of the app screen and find the game you want to download. Tap it, and it will be installed into iNDS.
You won’t find all Nintendo games in this way, though, but you can try method 2.
Method 2 – External ROMs
- Open your browser and find a reputable ROM source – we use Romsmania; it is a trusted source of Nintendo ROMs
- Find the game you want and download the ROM file – it is a zip file
- Tap the zip file and tap on More
- Tap on Copy to iNDS from the listed options
- Launch the emulator app, and you will see your ROM listed
- Tap it, adjust the game controller settings, enable Dropbox syncing, and enjoy your game.
Also, if you have ROMs already on your computer, you can use iTunes to install it onto your device.
iNDS is the best and easiest games emulator for your iPhone – it is free, no jailbreak is needed so download it and enjoy your games.